Artsy Fartsy Friday: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Gracie's Take: The first thing we did was make the grass. Then, I chose this square color, and I made rain, sun and a flower. And we had a spider ring, and we taped the straw on, we used it as a spout. Grandpa made the door handle and stuff. And we cut the roof out. I colored the spider withe four eyes and not much venom. And I drew a person.

Dad's Take: Today was special visitors day at the school. Grandpa and grandma Westerhoven hung out with Augie and Gracie. Grandpa and Gracie apparently made this picture with the words to Itsy Bitsy Spider on it. I like the idea of using a straw for a spout, that really makes the picture pop, plus it bends at the bottom just like a real spout. Genius. She had the spider going down the spout, but she also felt the need to put a spider on the roof. But not one with too much venom, that would be dangerous. You can't be too careful on special visitors day.

Comments