Artsy Fartsy Friday: Dinosaurs

Augie's Take: We colored them. We taped 'em with tape on a stick with our name on them. I colored my T-rex green. That's right. And I colored my stegosaurus green, red, black, brown, blue, yellow and orange. I colored my T-rex green because real T-rexes are green. I colored my stegosaurus multi-colored because I didn't know which color he is. I should have just colored him blue.

Dad's Take: Augie makes a couple of valid points with his dinosaurs. The T-rex is often depicted as green. Why is that? We don't know what color they were, but somehow green has become their default color. Maybe it's because we just envision them as some sort of giant lizard, and lizards are often green. As for the stegosaurus, maybe it was multi-colored. Who knows? It could have been the party animal dinosaur or the clown dinosaur with all those colors.

Comments

Post a Comment