What Dad Does on His Day Off

I know some of you wonder what I do with all of my free time on my days off. And to you I say, I don't have days off. Being a dad is a full-time adventure. Take today, for example. Shortly after I woke up this morning, I was on a cruise with Augie to a far-away land.

It was a long trip, but luckily we found Augie's long-lost Lightning McQueen hat, so it was time well spent.

We had many obstacles to avoid, including this flying pterodactyl.

And a couple of stegosauruses. But Augie had it covered. He bit their heads right off.

 And buried their bodies in the laundry basket.

On our way home, we found this baby bird under a pile of rocks.

She was cute, so we nursed her back to health.

She became part of our family (although I think she's still suspicious of Augie).

And we love her like our own.

Even if she is a little crazy.

It was a full-day trip, but we made it home by bedtime ... which didn't leave me much free time today, did it?

Comments