Ice Man Augie

Augie and I are on our own today. Mom went shopping with Grandma Denise for Grandma's birthday, so Augie and I took a trip downtown to see how the ice sculptors were doing. I didn't know it when I took this picture this morning, but apparently a couple of my coworkers helped the sculptor make this beauty last night. I have a fishy feeling the sculptor did most of the work.

The Magical Ice Fest was of particular interest to me for two reasons: 1) It offered a chance to get Augie out of the house for a change and 2) I wanted to see the sculptors in person, because of this:

On Sunday, the Herald-Palladium ran a story about the 15 sculptors who were scheduled to compete this weekend. From the lack of response, I will assume that either A) No one reads the H-P anymore or B) They missed my name on the story.

As you know, my job is to design pages, not write stories. But I've asked the features editor if I can write for the Focus page occasionally. This was my first "story." I actually didn't design this page, but I did go through the hard work of hunting down the sculptors, talking to them and then pestering them until they sent me a picture of themselves. You probably noticed that the story isn't your typical story, it's what's known as an alternate story format. Each sculptor got their very own trading card. The event organizer said she liked the story so much that she was picking up extra copies of the paper to give the sculptors when they signed in. Long story short, buy the Sunday paper and keep your eyes peeled, you may just see my handiwork.

Comments

  1. Yay back to writing! :) Yay for people appreciating the writing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment