Moving on

For those of you who haven't heard, I have accepted a new job in Michigan. I will be laying out pages for The Herald-Palladium. It was kind of a quick decision. The managing editor there called me on Wednesday and asked if I would be interested in the job. The next day he called back and offered me the job, and I accepted.

The next two weeks will be my last two at the Wisconsin Dells Events. We are hoping to get the troops assembled assembled for an April 9 move. We aren't sure where we are living yet, or what Gretchen will do when we get home, but those are just details. We'll stay with one of our parents for a few days while we look around for an apartment or home to rent. If you know of one, preferable close to my office (St. Joe or Stevensville or some place nearby), don't be afraid to speak up. I'll be starting at the paper on the 18th.

The purpose of this blog has been to keep Augie's family in Michigan up to date with what's been going on with him. But now it will probably be used to keep friends here in Portage up to date on his silliness. I don't plan on discontinuing it. Since I won't be writing for a living anymore, I might write more on here. Of course, I've said that in the past, and continue to put pictures up here, so we'll see how it goes.

Anyone who wants to come help us move, or help us unload once we get there, give me a call on my cell. Post a comment below with your e-mail address if you don't have my number and I'll send it to you. Until then....it's packing time.

Comments

  1. Or, you know, you should keep posting so that family who's not in Michigan can see the Augie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose you people can read it too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment