Augie the Robot


The bad news: Augie is sick again. The good news: He's getting a lot better at walking. I was playing some slingshot with him this week (walk toward mom with him holding onto my hand, let him go about 4 feet away from mom, let him walk to mom, once he got to mom go get him, walk 5 or 6 feet away again, and let Augie walk back to mom on his own), when he finally started to get it. It's more like boomerang, actually, but who cares, it's my story.

After he walked to mom, I finally got him to walk back to me without having to slingshot him. Now, I can walk a few steps with him, get him away from the furniture and walls, and let him go and he'll follow me around the house. It's almost like he's a real person (even though when he walks he looks like a zombie, but we can work on that next). Two nights ago I had him follow me from our living room, through our L-shaped hallway and then into his room before bath time. He didn't even grab for the wall when he got close enough. I think he's ready to walk, too.

On an unrelated note, I don't know why I didn't think of embedding videos into my posts earlier instead of forcing people to hit a link to go to YouTube. Don't worry, it won't happen again.

On a related note, he did face plant into the ground at the end of this video and start crying. I cut that out.

Comments