The Steinke Tournament Challenge Returns!

It's been four years, but the Steinke Tournament Challenge has returned for a third go of it. All four of us filled out our brackets tonight for a friendly game of "who can guess the best," because who has time to watch basketball anymore. Here's how we picked. Check back later to see how we all did.

My picks (brought to you by Sandbar & Grille*)

I went with the obvious choice, Michigan, for my national champion. It's not necessarily that I think they will win it all, but I know I can't win the family pool by picking one of the pundits' favorites. The strategy nearly worked for me in 2013 before those cheaters from Louisville snatched victory away from my bracket. In fact, my championship game once again features Michigan and Michigan State because ... hey, it could happen. My other Final Four teams are more conservative: Virginia and Villanova.

Gretchen's picks

Gretchen went with a Final Four of Virginia, Villanova, Xavier and MSU. She went with the popular all V championship game, with Villanova coming away with the hardware. We have a lot of similar picks, so this year things might be competitive. This might finally be the year she beats me.

Augie's picks

For the first time, Augie kind of had an idea of what he was doing ... for the most part. Unlike his past brackets in 2013 and '14, he didn't pick one 16 seed to get a win. In fact he went almost entirely in the other direction. He picked winners mostly based on who had the better record. He should fare much better this time around, unless there's a lot of upsets. His Final Four is Virginia, Villanova, Xavier and Duke, with Virginia winning it all.

Gracie's picks

The last time we did this, Gracie had literally just been born. So this is her first go of it, and it shows. I'm pretty sure she was picking based on which school name was more fun to say, which explains the deep runs by Gonzaga, Lipscomb and S.F. Austin. She is a firm believer that this is the year a 16 seed beats a 1 seed. In fact, she picked THREE 16 seeds to get wins this year. (There's a first time for everything, right?) Her Final Four are Kentucky, Gonzaga, S.F. Austin and Oklahoma, who wins it all.

*In case you were wondering my bracket is brought to you by Sandbar & Grille because I used the bracket on The HP's website. I'm not eligible to win any of our prizes because I work there, but it meant I could have a computer fill in my picks for me, which was nice. If you want to play, you have until noon Thursday for a chance at the $1,000 prize. (More prizes will be available if you jump in later in the tournament.)

Comments