Artsy Fartsy Friday: Chicken

Gracie's Take: We did eyes. We did a beak, too. And we did the feathers, and the legs. And glue. And we cut the paper and put the feathers on. And we sticked it to the glue. And that's it.

Dad's Take: Based on the color of Gracie's chicken -- which she never actually told me was a chicken, but I'm guessing it's a chicken based on the beak and feathers -- I'm going to guess this is a baby chicken. I don't know too many full-grown chickens that are that yellow. I'm not sure what the other chicks looked like, but this one is probably a little cold. It doesn't have very many feathers. And those clip-on legs are going to make eating the drumsticks a lot easier later in life. I'm not sure why scientists didn't think of those quick-release legs earlier. Gracie actually brought home two projects she wanted to feature this week on Artsy Fartsy, but I told her "No, only one Artsy per Fartsy Friday."

But she's so cute. How could I resist? I'll just blame the sugar.

Comments