A Great Day For A Birthday Party

It was a few days late, but today was Augie's unofficial birthday in the Steinke household. We had family over to help us celebrate.

And there was a cake! Three cakes actually. A lot of this post is about cake. I like cake. So sue me.

There was a lot of painting frosting for Gretchen to do today.

That's because she was making a monster truck!

It needed a lot of red frosting.

I let Augie name it. I made the flag.

Mom got tired of all the pictures, but I wasn't afraid of her frosting bag.

There were presents, too. Augie got this cool camera. It takes an SD card and everything.

It worked pretty well.

I think this was my favorite present.

Ryan thought it was so cool he was speechless.

Augie got a Little Tikes basketball hoop, too, which was pretty popular with the boys.

Enough jibber-jabber, though, back to the cake. If you didn't notice earlier, look, it has chocolate doughnut wheels.

Augie picked some Superman ice cream to go with the cake. Of course, he didn't want to eat the cake, he wanted one of the doughnut wheels.

Gracie got in on the cake eating, too. You can't tell it here, but she was sharing with mom. So to recap, cake, cake, presents, cake.

Comments