Artsy Fartsy Friday: Mom's Christmas Present

Augie's Take: These are planes. These planes need a lot of paint. I have a lot of painting to do on these planes. I've got a red paint, and a green paint, and an orange paint, and a blue paint, and a yellow paint, and a pink paint. I have a red plane, and a blue plane, and an orange plane, and a pink plane, and a green plane, and a yellow plane. And paintbrushes. Don't forget about those. That's all I have to say about that.

Dad's Take: Gretchen and I weren't going to exchange gifts this year, but I thought she wouldn't mind a present if it came from Augie :-) As you can see from Augie's early work on his painting, he is not a color mixer. He kept his color blobs to themselves. He mixed a little bit of the orange with the pink and a little bit of blue with the red, but for the most part he didn't let them touch. Which is a little surprising, because when he colors he often colors over the same spot on the paper with every color he pulls out of the crayon box. He does the same thing with watercolor paint. I guess it's different with real paint.

Comments