Unsung Local Heroes

At my job, I get a lot of emails. A lot. Probably half of them are spam. The other half is made up of emails I actually want/need and emails that are interesting, but not of importance to our readership area. What I'm about to share is an email I thought was interesting, but had no relevance for readers in Michigan City.

A local resident and author, Elaine Thomopoulos, is working on a book about Southwestern Michigan. Her first two books, "Resorts of Berrien County" and "St. Joseph and Benton Harbor," were also about the area. Now, she is looking to write about "legendary locals of St. Joseph and Benton Harbor." She is writing and gathering images of noteworthy people and groups "who have shaped these communities." Those featured are supposedly going to include local politicians, high school coaches and athletes, notorious personalities and beloved entertainers.

"While famous personalities will be documented, the true purpose of the series is to highlight the unsung local heroes and stories of humanity," according to the news release.

I'm sharing this email, not because I necessarily know of any interesting local people, or because she asked me to, I'm sharing because I know a lot of you have lived here a long time, and might know of some people she could include.

If you can think of anyone, contact her at 630-655-2077 or Thomop@msn.com.

Comments