Artsy Fartsy Friday: Turkeys

Augie's Take: Feathers. Drink water. They eat bugs. They can go on the road because if the cars stop, they go across. It's a little tricky to find. Turkeys are. And they clean off the bugs with dust. They clean off their feathers with dust. Well, this turkey has shoes and a hat. And it waddles. Tom turkeys are the guy ones. You know what turkeys don't like to do? Be eaten. Other animals eat turkeys. Can foxes eat turkeys?

Dad's Take: So there's everything you need to know about turkeys. What more can I add? I guess I comment on the artwork. The coloring is of particular interest to me. Somewhere along the way, children -- me included -- got the turkey mixed up with the peacock. How many artwork turkeys have you seen with multicolored feathers? Now how many turkeys have you seen in the wild that look like the rainbow? Why is that? Is it because brown is too boring or because kids just want an excuse to use every crayon in the crayon box?

Comments