Planting Tomatoes (With Video!)

Every year, one of the former Herald-Palladium employees grows tomato plants and brings them into the office for us to have. He always has a bunch of different varieties to chose from. This year, I chose my plants randomly because I've had mixed results. Two years ago, I didn't put my plant in a very big pot, and it produced a couple of edible tomatoes. Last year, I planted my plant in the ground and it went nuts. But with the wacky weather, most of the fruit never turned from green to red. The ants ate more of them than we did. This year, we opted for a couple of flower pots. This afternoon, Augie helped mom fill the pots with dirt ...

... and plant the plants. I, of course, documented the festivities.

Augie showed me how big they were going to grow. He's an optimistic kid.

And every plant needs a little bit of water to grow up big and strong.


Before you know it, they will be growing "bigger in the sky."

Comments