Our Top Secret Beach Location

Mom was tired of all the work I've been making her do around the house this week, so I told her we could have a day off today. She wanted to go to the beach, so I showed her my top secret Lake Michigan beach location. While the more well-known beaches (Tiscornia, Jean Klock, Silver) were almost certainly crawling with people today, Rocky Gap was not. It's a nice, sandy beach. It has free parking (and I can park in the shade). And it's hard to find, which means few tourists.

Gretchen brought buckets and shovels to play in the sand, but our sand castles weren't holding up for whatever reason. So Augie and I wandered out into the water and gathered up all the rocks (OK, a lot of rocks) and tried to build a rock castle. It was really more of a rock pile, but that's OK. You know why? Because the best thing about the beach is when you are done building a "rock castle," you can just leave the rocks on the beach for the next person to play with.

Comments