Cribs, car seats and changing tables

Well, it's been awhile, so I figured I'd get something up on the blog again. It's been busy since Augie was born, both because of him and because of other things going on, but I'm back to talk about Augie.


For some unknown reason Augie generally doesn't like his crib or his car seat....

...but he loves the changing table. He can be kicking and screaming and I can take him and put him on his changing table and he couldn't be happier.

I am not sure yet of the reason, but there are two trains of thought. Either 1) he likes the mirror on the wall directly across from his changing table (which either confuses him or makes him the most vain baby ever) and the bright colors in the bathroom or 2) he really likes to have a clean diaper.

I'm not convinced by either reason because he doesn't really care about bright colors in other rooms and he generally doesn't fuss when he has a messy diaper. The world may never now.

In other news, he went to the doctor today. Luckily for us he happened to get a cold the day before he went to the doctor, so we were able to kill two birds with one stone. His body, weight and head size all ranked in the 76th percentile I'm told so he seems to be doing pretty well healthwise. That's all for now.

Comments

  1. Awesome he's doing so well -- at that rate he'll be as big as Nate by the time he's one.

    And is there any way to make the railing around the changing table higher so you can just let him sleep there? (It could also be that he knows you're paying attention at the changing table, but he's alone in the crib...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could put a railing on the changing table. And I don't think it's because he's alone or with someone because you can leave him on the changing table and walk in the othe room and he's fine. (Not that we leave our kid on the changing table unattended).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is he just doesn't enjoy having anything constricting on BOTH sides of him. It's like, don't fence me in, man! You're harshing my mellow... LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment