Catching Up With Augie and Gracie

With the Fourth of July toward the end of the week, it's been a busy few days.

After dinner Thursday, we cracked open some sparklers and joined the fireflies in the backyard.

The kids did the typical kid-with-sparkler move: they ran around the yard and screamed. But I made them stop for a minute to get a dual sparkler picture.

Of course, I turn my back for one minute and mom tries to light the swing set on fire.

When it got a little darker, we headed over to Eau Claire for their annual fireworks display.

The kids' sleep schedule was still screwed up from being in Arizona last week, so we let them both come this year. Gracie was a little tired, but at least she wasn't crying like the half dozen babies people thought would enjoy the fireworks. Really.

Today, mom found the kids a replacement baseball slip and slide. They never last more than one summer.

It was pretty slippery.

No one could seem to stay on their feet. Although, I don't think they were trying to.

After the kids dried off, we came inside and did some reading. I was listening to some tunes while I read. At least I was until DJ Gracie stole my headphones.

Comments