The 1,000th Post

We did it. We made it. We've reached 1,000 posts on the blog! It took almost seven years, but we got there. I think I'm more excited about it than Gracie is. I think she can sense there is another 1,000 posts in her future.

According to research, which I found on the internet so it has to be true, the average blog only lasts 100 days. There are a number of reasons for that, but I suspect the biggest reason is lack of readership. The blogger will write his or her heart out, but no one is listening, so they lose interest and quit. Lucky for me, that hasn't been the case here. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you, my faithful followers, for reading Decoding Dadhood, and letting me know how much you love it. I've considered shutting it down more than once to save myself the time, and just posting cute pictures on Facebook. But then I think about how quickly things get buried in the timeline and how hard they are to find later if you want to see them again. With the blog, that's never a problem. They are always right here, ready to be found.

So, for now, the blog lives on. Thank you all for reading. Here's to another 1,000 posts.

Comments