I Did That Thing From the Internet


So being a person and knowing other people has finally caught up to me. People are the worst.

There's this thing going around the Internet right now called the Ice Bucket Challenge. On the surface, it would seem like a bunch of videos of people dumping buckets of ice water on themselves. But as everyone knows by now, it's really about raising money for ALS.

As of today, the challenge has raised $79.7 million, which is even more amazing considering the ALS Association had only raised $2.5 million as of today last year.

The challenge has gone viral because each person who accepts the challenge is then asked to challenge three other people to do it to. Whether you do it or not, you are supposed to donate money to the ALS Association, or some other charity.

My brother-in-law, Luke Italiano, challenged me to the challenge, I think on Saturday. I didn't get to do it until today because I worked all weekend. I enlisted Augie to help with the bucket and mom to film it on the camera. Augie didn't quite get it over my head, but it was cold nonetheless.

So now, I get to pick my three victims challengers:
- Jennifer Italiano (for marrying Luke ... and because you didn't send me any banana bread).
- Jessica O'Brien (for calling me smelly in the office the other day).
- Aaron McKrell (because I think it would go well with your three-dunes challenge).

You'll notice I didn't nominate my wife, because I enjoy sleeping in my bed. But that doesn't mean any of you couldn't nominate her. Good luck.

Comments