Vacation and presents

It's been awhile, but I'm back. A couple of short, hectic weeks at work followed by vacation has meant I haven't had time to post anything recently. But I wanted to get on and post some of the pictures from this week's vacation before Augie's party on Saturday (because that will need a whole post to itself). So here is what has been going on so far this week:

Shortly after we arrived at grandma and grandpa Westerhoven's, mom did a little cleaning. During her adventure, she found two small bottles of, let's say, cherry-flavored juice. Augie hasn't let them out of his sight since.

Later in the week, Augie went over to see grandma Steinke, who gave him his birthday presents early so he had something to play with (as if he didn't have enough toys already).

Among them were Little People. He's going to have a whole village of Little People and buildings by the end of his birthday, I'm sure.

Being the good example, mom made sure Augie opened the card last (tsk, tsk, tsk).

Grandma and grandpa Steinke got their last Christmas present -- a photo calendar with pictures of all the grandkids -- because it didn't get mailed to us until after we got back to Portage following Thanksgiving. We found out that it was their first family picture calendar since 1995.

For mom's birthday, grandma Steinke bought her a giant purple Fuzzie Wuzzie (not to be mistaken for a Snuggie). She looks a little like a decapitated Barney.

Augie got bored with all the presents -- doesn't bode well for Saturday -- so he went and played a little tune.

A day or two later (I can't remember, I've lost track of time, I'm on vacation), was mom's birthday. She was opening her presents, so I pulled out the camera to get some pictures. Augie didn't want to get out of my way. Camera hog.

He did eventually lose interest in me and I was able to get some picture's of mom's presents. I think that cook book is a good present for everyone.

Even when he isn't getting presents Augie seems to get presents. Gretchen found this Little People airport at Target on clearance, and bought it for him. (See why I think he'll have a village by the end of Saturday?)

This has been Augie all week when he hasn't been opening presents -- trying to pull stuff off tables to throw on the ground. Mostly so we have to pick it up later, which is getting old fast.

And when he wasn't pulling stuff off tables, he was off looking for computers or cords to pull on...

...or grandpas to play with.

Maybe I can talk Augie into posting the pictures of his first birthday himself.

Comments