Artsy Fartsy Friday: The Game of Commander

Augie's Take: It's an Army game I came up with while being bored. We were waiting to pick a game and I thought up the game. The game is supposed to be a strategy game. You've gotta kill all the other players' tanks and soldiers and generals and junk.

Gracie's Take: We glued the pieces of paper on, but first we colored them. And we writed trees and Start on both sides. Then Augie writed the words and I colored, and then we came up with the people and the tanks, too. And you need a die to go with it.

Dad's Take: There are a couple of more pictures below so you can get a better view of Augie and Gracie's game. But here's what you need to know: It's called Commander: The Epic Army Game. They haven't tried to play it yet, but from what I gather the die is important. You can only move with a 5 or 6, and I think Augie said you move 1 inch at a time. So it's kind of a slow moving game. They worked pretty hard on the game board, key and pieces today during art time. What I like about it is because it's so simple I don't see any reason why you couldn't take another piece of cardboard with more open field on it and place it right next to this one. And another one next to that, and another one next to that. The game really could be epic, it just needs a bigger board.




Comments