Polar Vortexed

As I sit here watching it snow for at least the fifth day in a row, I thought I'd share some pictures from the big snowstorm we had over the weekend. We've gotten so much snow this winter that I've stopped digging out Augie's sandbox. It's just not worth it. He'll survive under there.

Assuming my measuring device made it all the way down to the grass (and I'm not sure it did), we have 23 inches of snow in the backyard right now. The National Weather Service estimated the St. Joseph-Benton Harbor area received about 19 inches from the two-day storm. I'd say that's pretty close.

Our bird feeder and bird house are now wearing top hats. The birdies squirrels won't be getting fed for awhile unless someone buys me a pair of snowshoes. (No, really, Meijer sells them. Buy me a pair.)

Following the storm, the dish had a heavy layer of snow on it. Worked just fine. However, it's been out of commission since yesterday even though it's had less snow on it. Gretchen told me to fix it today so she could watch TV. I threw snowballs at it, but it didn't seem to help.

I kind of want to wade through the snow, just so I can go down the slide into a pile of snow. I might lose Augie, though, trying to get out there.

Following the snowstorm were some wicked winds, causing the snow on our roof to do this.

It's just waiting to come crashing down on an unsuspecting passerby.

The snow got so deep we had to shovel Roscoe a spot in the grass to use the bathroom. The snow got chest deep and he started using the patio to do his business. That wasn't going to fly.

I don't mind the snow too terribly much, because it helps me appreciate the spring, but I'm seriously running out of places to put it next to the driveway.

And the mailbox. (Note: The mailbox was inches away from being completely covered when Gretchen and I dug it out Tuesday afternoon. The paper boxes were covered.)

That's one way to get rid of the bushes.

Comments