I'm Going To Be That Guy

There are a lot of you out there who follow this blog, either directly through the website or indirectly through Facebook. Friends, family, friends of family. (I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!!) You all check in regularly to see what's going on with Augie. And I try to provide you with funny, cute and sometimes breaking family news as often as possible. It's a lot of work, but I keep at it because I know how much all of you like it.

With that said, I am requesting some recognition for my hard work. Don't worry, I promise it won't take more than a couple minutes of your time. Since 2001, the World Wide Web's best blogs have been competing in the Weblog Awards (aka The Bloggies). Nominations for the 2014 awards are being taken through Sunday. So I'm going to be that guy and ask you to nominate Decoding Dadhood for an award.

Blogs can be nominated for more than one category, but I think Decoding Dadhood probably fits best under "Best Parenting or Family Weblog."

To vote, go to http://2014.bloggi.es/.

The only catch is, you have to nominate at least three blogs (and, no, you can't just put down Decoding Dadhood for three categories).

For those of you who don't follow a lot of blogs, and aren't sure of who else you could nominate, here are a few I frequent, and a little bit about them.

-- Post Secret (http://postsecret.com/): This is an interesting blog, one that has won many Bloggies in the past. People from all over the world anonymously send the founder post cards with their secrets on them. Most of the time they are very personal and revealing.

-- Zen Pencils (http://zenpencils.com/): I started following this blog within the past year. Every week or so, the author posts a large, color cartoon with an inspirational quote. He makes other posts, but the cartoons are the site's bread and butter.

-- Overheard in the Newsroom (http://www.overheardinthenewsroom.com/): This blog is reader supported by journalists everywhere. For those of you who don't work in a newsroom, these are the kinds of things that get said in a newsroom. Some of the entries are sad, but true, looks into my life.

There are others, but that should be enough to get you through the nomination process. Once you pick your three (or more) blogs, and fill out your email address, you will be sent a verification email to finalize your ballot. Make sure you click on that email and follow the link to verify your choices.

I was going to post about The Bloggies a couple of day ago, but I wanted to fill out my ballot first to see how smooth the process was. Unfortunately, my first attempt appears to have vanished into the abyss. I used my hotmail account for that ballot and never received my verification email. The second time, with my gmail account, I got the email instantly. So as a rule I'd avoid using hotmail accounts.

I'd also request you check the box next to "I would like a chance to be on the panel of voters who choose the finalists." You never know, I might get enough nominations to be among the finalists you could chose from. But I don't have my hopes up. Now go!

Comments