Happy Halloween!

As I said in my last post, I was fortunate enough to get Halloween off so Augie and I could spend some time together. Because Gretchen and I had been lax in our holiday decorating, we went to Meijer yesterday morning to find some pumpkins. As expected, they didn't have any decent looking ones left. So, we grabbed a couple of pie pumpkins and brought them home. Augie helped me gut them after nap time.

Augie didn't do any of the actual cutting, gutting or carving. But he did make sure the lid fit back on the pumpkin.

Really he was more detrimental to the whole process than he was helpful. He liked to put the seeds back into the pumpkins. And of course, what goes in ...

... must come back out.

Not all of it stayed on the table.

Unfortunately, the steak knife I was using wasn't quite as exact as one of those pumpkin carving knives you can buy. But overall the jack o' lanterns didn't turn out horribly. I also discovered the perfect tool for carving pumpkins: dry erase markers. You can draw your design on the pumpkin, and if you're a little off in your cutting, the marker wipes right off.

I didn't bother getting any more pictures of Augie in his tiger outfit last night, but trust me, he wore it. I walked him around the circle in his wagon. He collected about half a bucket of candy. And when we got home, grandpa and mom were happy to "inspect" it for him.

Comments