Artsy Fartsy Friday: A Candle

Gracie's Take: First, we put the white part on. It's under the green, we painted over it. You can't see it. And then we putted the sparkly glue on to make it sparkly and shiny. We took the paper roll, it's actually a toilet paper roll, and we wrapped the paper around it. We put a light for our candle on it. Then we decorated with stickers and markers. Then we hot glue gunned it. That's all. I think.

Dad's Take: Considering this project didn't start as much more than an old tuna can and a toilet paper roll, it turned out really well. It might be one of my favorite projects. It looks like a candle, and it's not flimsy. I tried to get Gracie to hold it over her head and give me a "This little light of mine," but she wasn't having it. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. That's all. I think.

Comments