Artsy Fartsy Friday: Start of School Artwork

Gracie's Take: First, I did the green color. Then, I did the yellow. Then, I did the red. Then Mrs. Treder wrote my name. And then ... should we paint the other side?

Dad's Take: I think Gracie's a little out of practice for Artsy Fartsy Friday, but we'll get her back in the routine soon enough. I wasn't able to get out of her what the painting was supposed to be, or if it had to do with some lesson in class. As far as I can tell, she was just playing with paint, which is fine, too, since she's just in preschool. As for the artwork itself, I think it's a ... um ... bright. It's definitely bright. I think I see an ear of corn in its husk. A meandering blood river. And what appears to be a Roscoe accident. That sure is a strange thing to paint.

Comments