Artsy Fartsy Friday: The Family

Augie's Take: It has a sun in it, some grass, and Gracie, and me and even you. And I painted it in the morning. And I'm going to put it on the fridge. I love it.

Dad's Take: Gretchen texted me Thursday to say Augie had painted a picture at school ... but there was "no room" for mom in it. I see some room, I'm guessing he just ran out of time. Since there was "no room" for mom, we made sure she made it into this week's Artsy Fartsy photo. Of course, if mom and Augie were on the bed, Gracie had to climb up there, too. So it was a family affair. The painting itself isn't bad. I'm guessing he started with himself in the middle, and then kind of lost interest in Gracie and I. I don't have a face, and Gracie's face appears to be a big blob. (Maybe that's just what we look like when he isn't wearing glasses.) We all have two arms and two legs, but somewhere along the way, I apparently grew a third leg. Or maybe that's a stick leg, stick mom threw at me because I made the picture and she didn't. I guess we'll never know.

Comments