Baby Crashers: Nursery Edition

The time has come to give up my office space to make room for "Little Miss." That's what Gretchen calls her. Gretchen's on Christmas break, and I have my usual days off (plus Wednesday), so we decided to tackle the painting.

This is what the room looked like. At least for the most part. We had cleaned out most of the stuff by the time I took this picture.

It's not very big, but it has a small closet for some of her clothes. I'm sure there will be way too many to fit in that tiny closet.

And it was time to say goodbye to the too-short curtains and the bent curtain rod. Roscoe chewed on the curtains shortly after we got him, so Gretchen had to shorten them. Then they were too short.

We had a few things hanging on the wall, so I spent yesterday morning filling in the holes with my magic ingredient.

After lunch, we got to taping with my Habitat Restore tape. That stuff has been awesome.

 Augie was super excited about the prospect of painting ...

... but he needed to take a nap first ...

... and eat his dinner before we were ready to paint.

He was the first one in the room when it was go time.

We gave him a sponge brush because we didn't figure he was quite ready for a roller. He did a pretty good job. He didn't even get any paint on me.

Gretchen and I went at the second coat by ourselves this morning, because we figured it would take half the time if Augie wasn't helping. And it wouldn't be as much fun for him because the wall wasn't changing color. We used every drop of our gallon of paint.

Augie didn't really mind not getting to help. He was busy watching "Planes."

When we peeled off the tape, the results were good. Only a couple of spots where the paint got through to the trim.

I installed a new curtain rod and curtains, brought up the crib and moved the chair from our room to the nursery.

On the other half of the room is a relocated bookshelf. We'll put the changing table next to it. So there it is, the first pictures of the new nursery. Stay tuned for more additions to the space.

Comments