Augie: The Book, Part 2

Some of you may have noticed in my Christmas post that Grandma Steinke was reading a book with Augie's face on it. It is indeed another book filled with posts from this site.

Last year, I put together a book of posts from Augie's birth to just before his first birthday. This book starts with his first birthday party and ends just before his second birthday. After doing the first book, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do another book. Gretchen didn't want me to, because it would set a precedent, and mean I had to do a book every year -- for Augie and for the next kid. The thought of that was a little daunting, but I thought it would be worth it in the long run. It's nice to have a fall project anyway.

It wouldn't take me nearly as long to design the books if I could use Adobe InDesign, but I don't have $600 to spend, so I was forced to use the clunky, slow, free software provided by Blurb.com. In the end, the book got finished and printed. It was actually printed twice. I was unsatisfied with the original copy they sent me, so they offered to redo it for free.

The new book is much like the first book, but with the added feature of a CD that included the videos of Augie from that year. I'm not sure why I didn't think to do that with the first book. It also includes 32 pictures never before seen on the blog. So if you want to check it out, let me know, and I'll let you see it.

Comments