Build and Grow

Today was the first of what will probably be many Saturday morning visits to Lowe's. I was informed this week, that Lowe's has a "Build and Grow" program every other Saturday morning where kids are given metal hammers and told to swing them at wood. That's fine with me since we aren't at my house swinging the hammers. We all know how much Augie loves hammers, so I got up early and went to Lowe's to help him build a small basketball hoop.

In addition to the basket, he got this sweet bib (which is way too big), a pair of goggles (which he'll probably never wear), a certificate of completion (which we'll probably throw away) and an iron on patch saying he built the carnival hoop (which I'll probably iron on to his sweet bib).

For being a free kids program, the hoop is actually pretty solid. Augie, however, felt it needed a little more hammering.

The guy running the program saw it was our first time there, so he figured I needed a bib, too. I thought it was pretty cool and wore it around Lowe's when we were done building the hoop.

Comments