Puppy or toddler?

Caught red handed!
Fourteen months into Project Dad, I cannot keep quiet any longer. I have not written about something for some time. But no longer! As the months have wore on, I have noticed time and again that Augie is a lot like ... wait for it ... a puppy. Don't believe me? Consider the following:

Like a puppy, Augie...
  • eats food off the ground.
  • poops in the living room when you aren't looking (and sometimes when you are).
  • follows you around the house.
  • plays with the toilet.
  • eats out of a dish.
  • trips over his feet.
  • sucks at climbing stairs.
  • whines at you because he doesn't know how to talk.
  • begs you for whatever you're eating.
  • fights bath time.
  • eats biscuit treats.
  • pukes on the carpet when he's sick.
  • comes to you when you pat on your thigh and say, "Here, boy."
  • gives you puppy dog eyes when he doesn't get what he wants.
  • crawls to your feet when he wants attention.
  • plays with toys that squeak.
  • chases balls around the house.
  • slobbers on your windows.
  • sleeps in a cage. (What do you think cribs are?)
Think I'm the only one who thinks kids are like man's best friend? How often do you see the baby food section in the grocery store right next to the dog food section? I'm just saying.

Comments

  1. I have noticed this as well -- I read somewhere that dogs are about equal to a two-year-old's attention, so perhaps it's a reflection of that.

    Just don't tell that to the kid's mom. They usually don't take it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still bothers me that you call our son by patting your thigh and yelling "here, boy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't yell. I SAY "here, boy." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really should stop ringing the bell right before he eats. You're not Pavlov!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment